Monday, July 28, 2008

A Week of New Friendships and Fun!















I left Kansas City Airport Tuesday at 11:15 am and arrived in Chicago O'Hare Airport at 1:15pm. I enjoyed a pleasant, but fast taxi ride to my hotel where I met a group of ladies in the lobby when I checked in!



I ended up without a room mate, but appreciated it when I had to get dressed in the morning and in between events! I learned a lot about pageants---They are fashion shows! When someone tells me "it's time for rehearsal" I think of sweats and a t-shirt--not a gown! Some ladies changed gowns every break! They had the most beautiful gowns! If I get the itch to try again--I will be ready!




I made some amazing friends! You would not believe the empowerment you get from being in the presence of a group of women who have a specific purpose! With the new partnership the International Pageant made with The American Heart Association and their Go Red program--WOW! It is an amazing cause!














I want to Thank all those who were a tremendous support for me during this adventure! But just so you know---It isn't over yet! I have things planned for my remaining time as Mrs. Kansas! Keep a look out for more info!

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Melanie, I am so proud of you! What an amazing thing you did and it was so fun to read about your journey and I look forward to more of Mrs. Kansas International updates as well as family updates! I would love some names with those pictures at the end maybe?
Congratualtions!

Melanie Hansel Mrs. Kansas International 2008 said...

Thanks--I had a lot of fun and met a lot of amazing women! We have been talking on Facebook. I will try to make some updates of information--like names haha---oops! I am singing the National Anthem MOnday the 4th at an NBC game at our baseball stadium! I will up load those pictures! Thanks for all your comments and fun--I miss your family! We will have to try to get together sometime! Love ya--Melanie